The verses in this weeks post help me when I am feeling down. These verses are few of the many that bring me joy. There are so many different things that try to steal our joy daily. Like those goals you set at the beginning of the year and the month is not even over yet, but you already gave up. Maybe you are just stressed and life is hard at the moment. Whatever it is these are the top 5 verses that help me when I am not filled with joy.
1. “Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” – Psalm 34:5
Basically that verse says those who believe in God will be filled with joy. The believers are filled with joy even though life is not perfect they know they have eternal life with God.
2. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” – James 1:2-3
We tend to get angry when we go through trials. But those trials are making us who God wants us to be. So we should not get so angry. Even though it is very frustrating!
3. “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118:24
Each day God allows amazing things to happen. We should look on the bright side instead of letting that one little thing get in the way!
4. “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” – Proverbs 17:22
It does not benefit us when we are upset, but it does benefit us to be filled with joy.
5. “So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.” – John 16:22
Here on earth we may not always have the best days, but when we meet God we will no longer be filled with sorrow.