Today I am going to list 5 of my favorite verses and explain why they had an impact on my life. These verses I am about to share have made me into who I am today. They have led me on the right path when I felt lost. So, lets begin.
1. Proverbs 31:30 “Charm is deceitful, and Beauty is vain: but a woman who fears the Lord, she will be praised.”
Proverbs 31:30 is one of my favorites because like many others I have been very insecure. This verse is a reminder we do not have to be perfect and look perfect. We were not called to be flawless or what society calls beautiful. We are called to believe in God and do His will for our lives. Another thing I just realized is. If we are so, busy worrying about our flaws or if others will like us. We are putting that thought over God and making it a god.
2. Jeremiah 1:6-9 “Alas, Sovereign Lord, I said, I do not know how to speak; I am too young. But the Lord said to me, Do not say, ‘I am to young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you, declared the Lord. Then the Lord reached out His hand and touched my mouth and said to me, I have put my words in your mouth.” We are constantly given the idea that we are too young and we can wait till we are older to fulfill Gods purpose in our lives. If God called you to do something do not fear. If God called you to do something He will be there to protect you and guide you along the way. I do have my doubts sometimes, but we always need to remember God is with us.
3. Psalms 143:10 “Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.” So, I’ve mentioned this verse about a million times, but like I have said about it in other post. I love this verse because it reminds me to do what the Lord wants me to do. I found this verse when I was really bitter with someone. The verse reminds me to not worry about others and what they have done to hurt me. If I worry to much about what they did to harm me it could lead me in the wrong path.
4. John 13:7 “Jesus replied, You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” We often get angry with God because we have no clue what He is doing and we think He is doing wrong towards us. when really He is giving us a chance to grow. What we truly need to remember is God is in control. Whatever He is doing it is for the good.
5. Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” This one is pretty similar to Psalms 143:1o. I like these verses because they remind me not to stray away. They comfort me I do not know how to explain the comfort.
Those were the five verses and reasons. I would like to know what some of your favorite verses are! If you would like to share your favorite verses you can tell me through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or in the comments!